Cheese dumpling recipe of Marion from the farm Rüf in Au
Cheese dumplings are a hit at our farm. The spicy dumplings with delicious alpine cheese taste great to young and old and there is hardly anyone who doesn’t want a second portion.
Cheese dumplings in the spicy soup are often served in the alpine club huts – that’s where we know them from.
The use of the spicy mountain cheese has proved to be ideal for our recipe. But you can also use other alpine semihard cheeses (e.g. Rässkäse) if you want it even spicier.
A fresh salad with roasted strips of bacon is a perfect side dish. We wish you a good appetite!
Cheese dumpling recipe and preparation:
- Mix the dumpling bread with milk, crème fraiche, eggs and spices and let simmer.
- Boil the potatoes, peel them and pass them while they are still warm; add the flour to the dumpling bread and mix.
- Add the small-cube cut mountain cheese and ham and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form dumplings from the mixture with wet hands.
- Cook in slightly flowing salted water for about 10 to 15 minutes until the dumplings rise to the surface.
- Then lift out, drain and pan into clarified butter in a pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.