The noble mold with the cheese
Mold cultures are aroma-forming noble molds that grow on the surface (white noble mold) or inside a cheese (blue and green mold).
There are several different types of mold available for surface treatment. They provide different growth behavior under comparable conditions and help to protect the cheese surface from infestation by unwanted molds.
The cultures intensify the cheese flavor and can contribute to increasing the pH at the end of the maturation period.
Small overview of mold cultures
- Mold cultures white and blue
- Mold – ABL White – 10 D (Lyo) mold mix, very dense (Lyo)
- Mildew – HP6 White – 10 D (Lyo) White mildew medium high
- Mold – PC 22 White – 10 D (liquid) Very fast-growing mold mixture (liquid). Durable at + 4 ° C = 8 weeks, at -18 ° C = 6 months
- Mold – PRB 6 Blue – 5 D (liquid) Blue mold for all blue cheese. If the cheese is to grow inside, the cheese must be piqued after the salt bath. This mold grows even at low temperatures.
- Mold – SAM 3 White – 10 D (Lyo) White mold dense (Anti – Mucor – strain)
- Mold P. roqueforti PV 10 D (Lyo)
- Schimmel P.candidum NR 1D (Lyo)
- Mold SC Lyo 1D (Lyo)