Arrange a cheese platter yourself – what is there to keep in mind?
At Christmas or New Year’s Eve, a cheese platter is a popular theme. But even on occasions during the year, a cheese platter is always a small sensation that more than pleases all guests. When special pieces of cheese delight the palate, the guests will talk about this delightful magic for a long time to come.
A practical feature of our local alpine dairy shops is that you can order ready-made cheese boards for a certain number of people. Our ladies are always very motivated to spoil the regional customers with cheese artworks.
Since we unfortunately cannot send you a finished cheese platter variation by mail, we thought we would put together a cheese platter from our dairy The alpine cheese is best located in a cellar with high humidity. as a photo gallery for you.
A beautifully presented cheese platter is a highlight of a cosy get-together, both in terms of taste and appearance. With little effort, a cheese board can also be easily created by yourself.
My first cheese plate – the right amount of cheese and cheese order
- If the cheese platter is intended as a main course (snack), then a cheese quantity of approx. 170-180 g cheese per person is recommended.
- However, if the cheese platter is intended as a dessert, then approx. 80 g of cheese per person should be calculated.
- Five to nine cheese types or seasoning levels are ideal.
- The cheese clock method: The cheese clock is a good guideline for arranging the cheese on the cheese board. The cheese arrangement goes from mild to spicy. This also reflects the order in which the cheese is eaten.
It is important to remove the cheese from the Ripened cheese likes it cool and moist. The best is a temperature of about 8-10 ° C at about 90% humidity. at least half an hour (better an hour) before serving. This is the only way to get its full aroma from soft cheese fats.
INGENIOUS CHEESE BOXES FOR FILLING AN ULTIMATE CHEESE PLATTER
How do you decorate a cheese platter properly?
Anyone who wants to present cheese “emotionally” should pay attention to the occasion. If a snack or a snack is on the agenda, then a presentation on a clean wooden board is always a feast for the eyes.
The more stylish (festive) the celebration with cheese, the more important tablecloths and plates become. Use a white tablecloth and decorate the table with a few small boxes under the tablecloth and you have different heights for the staging of the various cheese hills, where you only cut a few pieces and the remaining piece of cheese as a whole usually shows special effect. That’s why 400 g pieces of cheese are ideal for ordering for the purpose of “cheese platter”.
Which cheese types and cheese themes should you choose?
A fruit/nut cheese board offers you many possibilities with the composition and decoration. Such a cheese board is quickly assembled and is well received by your guests.
For an exciting selection of cheeses it is a good idea to present 5 to 9 different types of cheese. It is ideal, but also not mandatory, if the cheeses differ in texture from – soft to hard – as well as from the raw materials (type of Cheese milk is the milk intended for the production of cheese, also with the concomitant use of buttermilk products, cream products, sweet whey, sour whey and whey cream (whey cream)) from cow, sheep, goat to buffalo.
It is always great to arrange cheeses thematically by country and to put together different cheeses from Switzerland, France or Italy, for example. There are no limits to creativity here.
NEVER WITH CHEESE PLATTERS: SPICES!
Not recommended are decorations with sprinkled pepper or paprika, lemons, sour vegetables such as pickled gherkins, etc.
Fruit, raw vegetables, dried figs/plums, pear slices or radishes supplement the cheese platter as side dishes. However, the design of the cheese board can also follow a theme and, for example, be Mediterranean (with olives and fresh figs).
Tips for decorative materials:
- Pome fruit: Pears and apple to sliced cheese and hard cheese
- Grapes: are popular all-rounders. A selection of green or blue seedless grapes is ideal.
- Nuts: Walnut halves are beautiful and decorative. Roasted pumpkin seeds also go well with cheese – but only the unsalted ones.
- Vegetables/salads/herbs/spices: They are great for preparing salads and starters. But not for preparing a cheese platter.
- Flowers: Can be seasonal eye-catchers for cheese platters and cheese buffets. However, they must be absolutely clean and naturally edible. Marigolds or nasturtium flowers in various colours are suitable here.
Finally – the right cheese tool
The matching cutting tools contribute to the final enjoyment of the cheese platter:
- Have the right cheese knife ready for every type of cheese. A soft cheese knife for soft cheese and a cheese knife or cheese axe for sliced and hard cheese.
- Make sure you have your own knife for each type of cheese. In this way you can prevent the taste of hot or spicy cheese from mixing with mild varieties and, if necessary, mould spores from fine fungal cheese from getting onto other cheeses.
WITH THESE CHEESE BOXES YOUR CHEESE PLATE BECOMES A DAILY CONVERSATION
Cheese test packages