SME: Caution or warning for requests from a CAEN DISTRIBUTION SAS via the new page www.caen-distribution.com
Again we have received an enquiry for goods, of which we want to warn other SMEs. The procedure is very similar to last year’s very well done fraud attempt!
In the report HERE we have reported in great detail on this and also received very positive feedback from some companies. The FAKE page was then very quickly removed from the Internet.
This site could be used again for apparently lucrative product fraud attempts – therefore we publish this warning here. Once the goods are shipped, the goods are gone – but the money never arrives.
It seems that again the identity of a French company was assumed on the Internet and a probably fake The purchase of food and cheese via the Internet. A big and very interesting topic in this area will probably be the easy and quick access to specialties such as - for examle - cheese. » More info site www.caen-distribution.com was built.
That’s probably because the real company on France does hardly any activities on the Internet and you can’t find anything except a phone number on google maps. The new online site CAEN DISTRIBUTION also has no imprint and does not fulfil any other legal requirements.
The distrusting email request from caen-distribution.com in the original wording:
Hello esteemed provider,
I am M. BENOÎT GRUAU, President-Director of the company CAEN DISTRIBUTION whose head office is located in CAEN (Normandie) in FRANCE.
Our company has been working for 40 years in the wholesale and distribution throughout France of many different products as indicated on our website : www.caen-distribution.com
- We employ 326 people, for an annual turnover of 86,442,800.00 € on the last financial year (2018).
- Through this contact, we want to show you our interest in your products and know your conditions for a possible long-term partnership.
- We usually work with the coverage of many insurance brokerage companies such as (COFACE, EULER HERMES, ATRADIUS, Factoring, etc.) which guarantee our solvency and ensure our commercial transactions which allows us to work on credit in a serene way with our partners .
- We therefore want you to accept our previously defined payment terms for a The milk period is also called the lactation period. It is the time when farm animals such as cows, sheep or goats keep milk for milk production. » More info of 30 days from the billing date for a start.
- If the listed conditions are approved, I will ask you to submit the necessary documentation for the effective opening of our customer account in your books.
We are at your disposal to provide you with any additional information you may need.
Salutations / Best regards / Saludos.
Mr. Benoît GRUAU
President Directeur Général
CAEN DISTRIBUTION SAS
24 Rue Lanfranc,
14000 CAEN, FRANCE
Phone: 0033 (0)2 55 03 05 01
Mobile : 0033 (0)7 56 98 18 15
E-mail : email@example.com
SAS au capital de 160.000,00 € – Siren 315 606 764 – TVA EU: FR06 315606764
What can I find out about the domain registration caen-distribution.com?
Our tip: Simply check the situation with whois: https://www.whois.com/whois/caen-distribution.com
Registrar: Amazon Registrar, Inc.
Registered On: 2019-08-09 (so only recently ?? how can that be at a company since 1979)
Expires On: 2020-08-09
Updated On: 2019-10-23
Everything else is as good as anonymous.
Conspicuous features in the online research on CAEN DISTRIBUTION SAS that should lead to distrust
In France there is the serious company CAEN DISTRIBUTION – LECLERC since 1979. The company works very traditional – but there is no online presence – no email addresses either. However, you will find references to the real company with a different telephone number than the one in the email request.
With google maps stands only Leclerc – Caen Distribution – 3 google reviews, address: 24, rue Lanfranc, 14000 Caen, France. Phone: +33 2 31 85 75 61 (another phone number as in the request email)
The only real information about the right or real company CAEN DISTRIBUTION – LECLERC we found here:Real Leclerc Page
Our conclusion to SME companies: With inquiries which are too beautiful to be true ⇒ simply do not succumb to the temptation and switch on the common sense. And if you enter the international business world with payment terms, then please only with confirmed bank guarantee of your bank or confirmed letter of credit as payment security. Fault insurance offers no To protect the cheese wheel, it is put into salt bath or turned into dry salt. The salt removes water from the cheese and it dries faster. So the rind is formed. » More info in the case of fraud with a fictitious corporate identity.