Buying cheese in the online shop – online shopping for cheese – a contemporary trend
Online shopping has become an indispensable part of our daily lives. Now that many people have learned how to access products such as radios, kitchen equipment, shoes and even cars via the internet, the next trend is already announcing.
The purchase of food via the Internet. A big and very interesting topic in this area will probably be the easy and quick access to specialties such as – for examle – cheese. Buying cheese online certainly has many advantages. One might be to know exactly what you are buying.
Many people are looking for the originProtection of origin or protection of origin are statutory regulations. » More info of a food and want to be as close as possible to the grower when shopping. In the meantime, the Internet really offers the opportunity to buy directly from many small scale manufacturers.
This satisfies the claim of many people in that they know exactly what and where they have now bought exactly.
Buy cheese online – a special niche in online food shopping
PremiumHere in Austria, we call our fresh, natural milk for our cheese production hay milk (hay mild standard) - in Germany it is different. » More info quality cheese is not just a food. It is much more, it is an expression of geographical conditions, tradition and the love of nature. The purchase of cheese products on the internet can have many reasons. The most common answers from our customers on “Why buy cheese online?” are:
- I want maximum freshness in the cheese
- I want to know exactly where my cheese comes from
- I’m looking for a cheese specialty – and I want the best product from this cheese specialty
- The selection at the cheese counter in the supermarket or in the cheese specialty storeThe alpine cheese is best located in a cellar with high humidity. » More info is too small for me
- I do not want an industrially and mass-produced cheese from cheap silage milk
- I do not want cheese made from silo milkCheese milk is the milk intended for the production of cheese, also with the concomitant use of buttermilk products, cream products, sweet whey, sour whey and whey cream (whey cream) » More info
- I want raw milk cheeseThe cheese is made from fresh milk, which was not treated at the beginning of the cheese making process (raw milk). It is almost as it comes from the cow's udder. » More info from hay milkHay milk comes from cows that are fed exclusively with fresh grassland feed, hay and little grain. » More info
Many cheese shops are focussed on a few special types of cheeses and allow the customers a perfect cheese enjoyment throughout the year.
Whether goat cheese, sheep’s cheese, cow’s milk cheese or buffalo milk cheese. Hard cheeseThe Vorarlberger Bergkäse (mountain cheese) is a regional cheese specialty from the Austrian province Vorarlberg. » More info, mountain cheese, soft cheese, blue cheeseIn cheese making process additional holes are made in the paste which leads to the additional supply of oxygen to mold cheese to promote the formation of molds. » More info, lactose-free cheese, in small quantities or as a whole cheese wheel.
You can distinguish between 2 options when buying cheese online. The cheese shopping at a cheese dealer or purchasing directly from the manufacturer – as our dairy project www.alpensepp.shop – directly from the alpine dairy.
Buy cheese from the grower or the dealer – the differences
The cheese producer (dairy) is usually specialized in its cheeses. For example in our dairies there are only 12 types of cheese. The afterwards cheese careTo protect the cheese wheel, it is put into salt bath or turned into dry salt. The salt removes water from the cheese and it dries faster. So the rind is formed. » More info takes place in conditioned, natural cheese cellars with daily cheese care by hand. When you order online you rely on maximum cheese qualityDetecting cheese defects and quality - on the cheese dough. Recognizing cheese defects requires some practice. » More info and maximum cheese freshness, but have the small disadvantage of the smaller cheese assortment.
The situation with cheese traders looks quite different. These buy from various retailers or manufacturers and store the cheese products themselves for a periodThe milk period is also called the lactation period. It is the time when farm animals such as cows, sheep or goats keep milk for milk production. » More info of time until the sale. It is advisable to inform yourself about cheese care before buying from retailers.
Too little groomed cheese can dryThe dry matter refers to that portion of the cheese that remains after removal of the water contained. The more water is removed from the cheese, the lower its dry matter and vice versa. » More info out very quickly, or get other quality disadvantages. With proper cheese treatment, a quality cheese stays in perfect condition for a long time.