ARTISAN HAND MADE CHAMOIS SALAMI FROM ALPINE GAME – Austrian salami specialty from the alps
In German called Gamssalami.
Unique and rare game sausage!
You have to taste this sausage to believe how great it is… people that know it can’t wait to eat it again.
Our “wild salami” from our mountain game chamois with at least 38% chamois meat content. Our master sausage maker succeeds with our chamois salami a wonderful, tasty sausage specialty from the Austrian alps. This special game salami is made from best chamois meat cuts.
This chamois salami is a cured and air dried sausage with medium grain size and selected spices. The maturation respectively fermentation The milk period is also called the lactation period. It is the time when farm animals such as cows, sheep or goats keep milk for milk production. is at least 1½ months. The game salami is composed of 53% controlled, lean and tender pork and 38% chamois meat (venison) – additionally refined with Jamaican rum.
The special feature of our Gamssalami: While often remaining meat is Melting cheese is a proven process to refine and make it more durable. in the mass sausage production, in our artisan chamois salami are also Mold cultures are aroma-forming noble molds that grow on the surface (white noble mold) or inside a cheese (blue and green mold). meat parts processed. With this salami specialty a Austrian alpine handmade product was created, which is characterised by its wild-spicy taste.
Discover with this Gamssalami a qualitatively extraordinary alpine product with good durability – suitable for all occasions and for all gourmet fans. Through noble spices and gentle smoking over beech wood the Gamssalami gets its unmistakable taste.
The chamois salami must not be missing in any backpack during mountain hikes – particulary ideal for long hikes. Perfect also for your antipasti platter or picnic paired with your favorite The Vorarlberger Bergkäse (mountain cheese) is a regional cheese specialty from the Austrian province Vorarlberg..
Special tip: Just enrich your home made pizza with chamois salami and create a special wild taste of your own “wild game pizza” creation..
Salami review – distinctive features of salami quality
- A crucial Detecting cheese defects and quality - on the cheese dough. Recognizing cheese defects requires some practice. in salami production is how high the quality of the meat is. The more pure muscle meat and the fewer connective tissue-rich pieces of meat come into the salami sausage, the higher the quality.
- The longer a salami can The dry matter refers to that portion of the cheese that remains after removal of the water contained. The more water is removed from the cheese, the lower its dry matter and vice versa. or ripen, the more intense its taste and flavor. The drying and ripening time is usually recognized by the hardness of the sausage: the firmer, the longer it has been subjected to the ripening process. Another clue is the important indication of how much meat was used per 100 g of finished salami. The more meat is used, the more intense the salami taste.
The name Salami
Salami is a European cured sausage variety of pork and other meats.
If the original salami recipes usually included meat from donkey or mule, today it is mostly pork and beef. For other meats, this is indicated in the name (for example, turkey salami and wild salami).
Just add chamois salami on your home made pizza and enjoy the special taste of your noble “mountain pizza” creation.
Enjoyment classification chamois salami – Gamssalami
The peculiarity of the chamois salami is the pleasant, but not too intrusive wild taste.
Chamois salami intensity (mild – spicy)
Chamois salami consistency (soft – hard)
Chamois salami shelf life (1 – 6 months)
Interesting details on the alpine living chamois game
Background information about our native game-type chamois
The chamois is a type of goat in Europe and Asia Minor. The chamois has relatively long, strong legs with relatively large hooves. Both sexes wear horns, also called “Krucken”. These are up to 25 inches long and are turning. They are notched at the root in a circle, rising straight and bent backwards at the top.
The animal prefers to stay in the upper forest belt, but often rises in the summer up into the mountains. If the chamois are disturbed further down, she will go to the most inaccessible areas, from where she will visit the grassy fields between the rocks at dawn. Towards winter, it moves further into the woods.
Special facts about chamois
- Females and juveniles live in flocks of 15 to 30 animals
- Bucks live solitary and do not look for a herd until late summer
- Bucks drive male juveniles when they are old enough to compete with their counterparts
- The hunting of chamois takes place due to their way of life mostly in the high mountains. The hunt tedious and often dangerous
- The meat of the chamois is tasty and is highly appreciated