ARTISANAL RED DEER SALAMI – Wild game salami specialty from the Austrian alps
In German called Hirschsalami.
Our alpine game salami with at least 38% Aerobic cheese ripening means cheese ripening with oxygen. » More info deer venison portion. Our master sausage maker succeeds with our red deer salami a wonderful, tasty sausage specialty from the alps. This special game salami is made from the best venison cuts from the Austrian alps area.
Our red deer salami is a cured, air dried sausage with medium grain size and selected spices. The maturation respectively fermentation The milk period is also called the lactation period. It is the time when farm animals such as cows, sheep or goats keep milk for milk production. » More info is at least 1½ months. The game salami is composed of 53% controlled, lean and tender pork and 38% red deer meat (venison) – additionally refined Jamaican rum.
The special feature of our red deer salami: While often remaining meat is Melting cheese is a proven process to refine and make it more durable. » More info in the mass sausage production, in our artisan red deer salami are also Mold cultures are aroma-forming noble molds that grow on the surface (white noble mold) or inside a cheese (blue and green mold). » More info meat parts processed.
With this salami specialty a Austrian alpine handmade product was created, which is characterised by its wild-spicy taste.
Discover with this Hirschsalami a qualitatively extraordinary alpine product with good durability – suitable for all occasions and for all pleasure fans. Through noble spices and gentle smoking over beech wood the Hirschsalami gets its unmistakable taste.
The red deer salami must not be missing in any backpack during The Vorarlberger Bergkäse (mountain cheese) is a regional cheese specialty from the Austrian province Vorarlberg. » More info hikes – particulary ideal for long hikes. It fits for special break plates and of course perfect as a complement to our various alpine cheeses.
Special tip: Wonderful choice for your own home made version of salami pizza! It makes its taste very unique.
Salami review – distinctive features of salami quality
- A crucial Detecting cheese defects and quality - on the cheese dough. Recognizing cheese defects requires some practice. » More info in salami production is how high the quality of the meat is. The more pure muscle meat and the fewer connective tissue-rich pieces of meat come into the salami sausage, the higher the quality.
- The longer a salami can dry or ripen, the more intense its flavor and flavor. The drying and ripening time is usually recognized by the hardness of the sausage: the firmer, the longer it has been subjected to the ripening process. Another clue is the important indication of how much meat was used per 100 g of finished salami. The more meat is used, the more intense the salami taste.
The name Salami
Salami is a European cured sausage variety of pork and other meats.
If the original salami recipes usually included meat from donkey or mule, today it is mostly pork and beef. For other meats, this is indicated in the name (for example, turkey salami and wild salami).
Just add deer salami on your home made pizza and enjoy the special taste of your “mountain pizza” creation.
Enjoyment classification red deer salami – Hirschsalami
The peculiarity of the red deer salami is the pleasant, but not too intrusive wild taste.
Red deer salami intensity (mild – spicy)
Red deer salami consistency (soft – hard)
Red deer salami shelf life (1 – 6 months)
Interesting details on the wild red deer
Background information on our native wild-type red deer
Red deer are the most powerful and largest antlers of our Alps. Deer are found around 12 subspecies worldwide. The red deer is a species of the real deer. Among the deer species, the red deer is characterized by a particularly large and widespread antler. This hunting trophy coveted antler is only developed by male animals. The red deer was originally a species of open and semi-open landscapes.
Due to the changed living conditions (road and settlement construction, tourism, …) and the changed recreational behavior of humans, the habitats for the red deer have been severely restricted in our Alps.
In contrast to the living in the flat land deer with 200 kg body weight, the deer in our Alpine region are rather heavy 150 kg.
Special facts about the red deer
- Red deer have a number of different sounds. The best known is the roaring of the male deer in the rut that can be heard in the fall.
- The female animals live with their young in packs, which are led by experienced adults.
- The male animals have their own pack, with only the oldest deer of them apart as distinct loners roam.
- Due to disturbances, the red deer has become dusk and nocturnal and is widespread in undisturbed areas up to the tree line (in summer even up to 2700 m).
- The daily food requirement varies depending on the activity and is between 8 and 20 kilograms fresh mass at 100 kilograms live weight.
- The deer renews its antlers each year from new and loses the old one. The size of the antlers depends on the age, the feeding and the health of the animal.
- Deer are all senses very well developed. Including, above all, the sense of smell. A high proportion of the nasal mucosa is covered with an olfactory epithelium (olfactory mucous membrane).
- The red deer was forced back into large forest areas by humans. In part, these human-induced changes and the reduction of its habitat are the cause of wildlife damage. Today, this leads to conflicts between hunters, forest owners and farmers.